Current Career Opportunities
- Appointment Scheduler
- Designated Mental Health Professional
- Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician I
- Rotating Staff (CCRC & Arlene Engel House)
- Mental Health Therapist
Job purpose: Performs appointment scheduling duties in an orderly and efficient manner and maintains good public relations with staff, clients, visitors, and callers.
Full job description: Appointment Scheduler
Designated Mental Health Professional
Job purpose: Responds to crisis/emergency situations. Provides mobile crisis intervention, clinical assessments, and stabilization services to adults, children, and families. Provides involuntary treatment services according to RCW 71.05 and 71.34 (Involuntary Treatment Act).
Full job description: Designated Mental Health Professional
Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician I
Job purpose: Provides a range of case management service on site in the Clallam County Jail, Clallam County Needle Exchange Program and in the community to assist in both recovery and entry into behavioral health services including mental health and chemical dependency treatment. Assures that services are congruent with age, strengths, supports and cultural framework of the individual being served. Provides Chemical Dependency Supervision to agency Chemical Dependency Professionals, chemical dependency evaluation to enrolled consumers, and chemical dependency consultations as needed.
Full job description: Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician I
Rotating Staff (CCRC & Arlene Engel House)
Job purpose: Provides supportive services to consumers in a therapeutic residential setting as well as participants of the Clallam County Respite Center (CCRC)in compliance with all applicable Washington Laws, the established program objectives, and treatment goals of each individual being served.
Full job description: Rotating Staff (CCRC & Arlene Engel House)
Mental Health Therapist
Job purpose: Provides clinical assessments, crisis intervention, case management and psychotherapy to adults in consultation with a multidisciplinary team. Manage a caseload of adult clients and provide services in accordance with funding guidelines and requirements.
Full job description: Mental Health Therapist
Peninsula Behavioral Health (PBH) is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against for selection or continued employment and advancement because of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, creed, race, color, national origin, veteran's status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or for any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Factors which are generally considered in the selection of employees include, but are not limited to, the following: character, skills, professional competencies, educational level, potential, and experience for position sought.
- Persons who are married, become married, or live in cohabitation with another employee--or who are a parent, child, or brother/sister of another employee--are not generally eligible for employment in a position--or assignment in the same department, program area, or facility--where the workplace relationship could result in a supervisory, safety, security, or morale condition that may be unacceptable to the organization or to co-workers.
- There is a potential conflict of interest in hiring current clients. That conflict is between the clinical relationship and the employee relationship. Therefore, PBH will not hire current clients except in program areas where potential conflicts of interest have been resolved, as determined by the Employer. Similarly, former clients of PBH will be considered for employment only if the Executive Director determines that such employment would not constitute a conflict of interest or present confidentiality concerns.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit an application, cover letter, and resume. These items may be submitted electronically, via U.S. Postal Service or in-person (drop off at the front desk).
Click here to download the application form.
To submit electronically: Complete the application form, attach resume and cover letter, and send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit via post or in-person: Complete application form, print and sign; mail or deliver in an envelope containing application, resume, and cover letter.
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Attention: Human Resources
118 E. Eighth Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Upon receipt of your application materials, HR will forward a copy to the hiring supervisor for screening and follow-up action, as appropriate.
- Because of the volume of resumes that we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. If you have submitted application materials and you have not heard from us within six to eight weeks, it is unlikely that we have selected you for an interview at this time; however, we will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
- PBH does not send resume confirmations, nor can we confirm receipt over the phone. To confirm that PBH has received your resume, we recommend that you either attach a read-receipt to your e-mail, or use the return receipt or delivery confirmation services available through the US Post Office with your mailed hard copy.
- If it is necessary for you to amend or update application materials that you have submitted, please forward new information and changes to: email@example.com.
Almost every clinical and medical position requires a credential that is issued by Washington State's Department of Health. The required credential is indicated on the job announcement. If you do not currently hold the specified credential, you may obtain an application and fee information on the DOH website.
Please contact DOH if you have questions about any State-issued credential required for a position with our agency. You may contact DOH by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (360) 236-4700.
Note: DOH has changed their application process and there is no longer a need to wait for a job offer before applying for the Agency Affiliated Counselor credential. You may ignore the Employment Verification form that is included in the application packet, and start the credentialing process before submitting your application to us.