Current Career Opportunities
- Mental Health Therapist
- Arlene Engel Home Residential Aide - Grave, Swing & Float
- Peer Support Specialist
- Case Manager – Chemical Dependency Professional
- CCRC Respite Staff
- Peer Support Specialist - Pathfinder
- DMHP Per Diem
Mental Health Therapist
Job purpose: Provides clinical assessments, crisis intervention, case management and psychotherapy to adults in consultation with a multidisciplinary team. Manage a caseload of adolescent clients, adult clients and provide services in accordance with funding guidelines and requirements. Work within an integrated behavioral health system with primary care providers, and provide substance use services.
Full job description: Mental Health Therapist
Arlene Engel Home Residential Aide - Grave, Swing & Float
Job purpose: Provides support services to consumers in a therapeutic residential milieu in accordance with established program objectives and the treatment goals of each individual being served.
Full job description: Arlene Engel Home Residential Aide - Grave, Swing & Float
Peer Support Specialist
Job purpose: Provides supportive and educational activities that promote daily living skill development, socialization, recovery, self-advocacy, development of natural supports, post-crisis supports, and enhancement of community living skills. These activities are provided individually or in group settings. Many services are delivered in community-based settings away from mental health center sites. Services are provided by people who are recovering from a mental illness themselves.
Full job description: Peer Support Specialist
Case Manager – Chemical Dependency Professional
Job purpose: Provides a range of assessment and case management services in the community to assist in both recovery and entry into behavioral health services including mental health and substance use disorders treatment in conjunction with Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) providers. Assures that services are congruent with age, strengths, supports and cultural framework of the individual being served.
Full job description: Case Manager – Chemical Dependency Professional
CCRC Respite Staff
Job purpose: The CCRC Respite Staff provides support services to participants of the Clallam County Respite Center in compliance with all applicable Washington Laws, the established program objectives, and treatment goals of each individual being served.
Full job description: CCRC Respite Staff
Peer Support Specialist - Pathfinder
Job purpose: Under the State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis Grant(STR) this position with provide outreach and engagement services to individuals who are homeless and suspected of Opioid Use Disorders. This individual will use his or her own lived experience of recovery from substance use/mental illness to assist participants in enrolling in Opioid Use Disorder Treatment.
Full job description: Peer Support Specialist - Pathfinder
Designated Mental Health Professional, Per Diem
Job purpose: Responds to crisis/emergency situations. Provides mobile crisis intervention, clinical assessments, and stabilization services to adults, children, and families. Provides involuntary treatment services according, to RCW 71.05 and 71.34 (Involuntary Treatment Act).
Full job description: DMHP Per Diem
Peninsula Behavioral Health (PBH) is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against for selection or continued employment and advancement because of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, creed, race, color, national origin, veteran's status, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or for any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Factors which are generally considered in the selection of employees include, but are not limited to, the following: character, skills, professional competencies, educational level, potential, and experience for position sought.
- Persons who are married, become married, or live in cohabitation with another employee--or who are a parent, child, or brother/sister of another employee--are not generally eligible for employment in a position--or assignment in the same department, program area, or facility--where the workplace relationship could result in a supervisory, safety, security, or morale condition that may be unacceptable to the organization or to co-workers.
- There is a potential conflict of interest in hiring current clients. That conflict is between the clinical relationship and the employee relationship. Therefore, PBH will not hire current clients except in program areas where potential conflicts of interest have been resolved, as determined by the Employer. Similarly, former clients of PBH will be considered for employment only if the Executive Director determines that such employment would not constitute a conflict of interest or present confidentiality concerns.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit an application, cover letter, and resume. These items may be submitted electronically, via U.S. Postal Service or in-person (drop off at the front desk).
Click here to download the application form.
To submit electronically: Complete the application form, attach resume and cover letter, and send via email to: email@example.com
To submit via post or in-person: Complete application form, print and sign; mail or deliver in an envelope containing application, resume, and cover letter.
Peninsula Behavioral Health
Attention: Human Resources
118 E. Eighth Street, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- Upon receipt of your application materials, HR will forward a copy to the hiring supervisor for screening and follow-up action, as appropriate.
- Because of the volume of resumes that we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. You will be contacted if you are selected for an interview. If you have submitted application materials and you have not heard from us within six to eight weeks, it is unlikely that we have selected you for an interview at this time; however, we will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
- PBH does not send resume confirmations, nor can we confirm receipt over the phone. To confirm that PBH has received your resume, we recommend that you either attach a read-receipt to your e-mail, or use the return receipt or delivery confirmation services available through the US Post Office with your mailed hard copy.
- If it is necessary for you to amend or update application materials that you have submitted, please forward new information and changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Almost every clinical and medical position requires a credential that is issued by Washington State's Department of Health. The required credential is indicated on the job announcement. If you do not currently hold the specified credential, you may obtain an application and fee information on the DOH website.
Please contact DOH if you have questions about any State-issued credential required for a position with our agency. You may contact DOH by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (360) 236-4700.
Note: DOH has changed their application process and there is no longer a need to wait for a job offer before applying for the Agency Affiliated Counselor credential. You may ignore the Employment Verification form that is included in the application packet, and start the credentialing process before submitting your application to us.