Peninsula Behavioral Health provides a range of innovative services to meet the needs of a diverse range of clients. Our multi-disciplinary staff of mental health and chemical dependency licensed psychiatric professionals include MDs, nurse practitioners (ARNPs), social workers, counselors, nurses, case managers and other professionals.
About the Clallam County Respite Center
Peninsula Behavioral Health is pleased to announce the opening of the Clallam County Respite Center in December of 2014. The need for a crisis stabilization program in Clallam County has grown considerably over the last few years due to the shortage of psychiatric hospital beds in Washington. Not only have residents had to be hospitalized as far away as Bellingham and Longview, but over 36% have had to be held for days at a time at OMC because available psychiatric beds could not be found. Providing local crisis care will reduce the cost of expensive inpatient treatment for many residents, as well as alleviate pressure on families, the OMC emergency room, Port Angeles and Sequim Police Departments and Clallam County Jail.
With funding support from the Clallam County 1/10th of 1% sales tax, Olympic Medical Center and the WA Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, the Respite Center will assist residents experiencing a psychiatric crisis. Located in the former St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store building, the Respite Center will provide intensive care on a voluntary basis to residents in an unlocked, neighborhood-based setting.
Children & Family
- WISe (Wraparound with Intensive Services) Click for more information.
- Family therapy
- Community support services for children and adolescents
- Professional counseling and therapy for children and adolescents
- Assessment, education and referral resources for families regarding child/adolescent issues
- Parent and adolescent groups
- Summer experiential social skills program
Adult & Community Support
- Individual, group and family counseling services
- Services for developmentally delayed and older adults
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) program for veterans and families
- Outpatient counseling for individuals dually diagnosed with mental health and chemical dependency disorders
Community Support Services:
- Stabilization and treatment to prevent hospitalization
- Day programs to support recovery and integration into community living
- Clinical case management, advocacy and vocational services
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Psychiatric consultations for Olympic Medical Center and physicians
- Medication management
- Nursing services
- Assists mentally ill persons integrate into the community with practical, independent living skills.
- Arlene Engel House is a licensed facility with 24-hour staff providing psychiatric rehabilitation and respite care during critical periods of recovery.
- Adult transition homes with supported living arrangements.
- 24-hour services available to all individuals
- Evaluation and referral for hospitalization and/or outpatient services.
Consultation & Education
- Community education works to combat the cultural stigma that has become attached to the condition of mental illness.