The mission of the medical department is to provide the highest quality psychiatry care available. We recognize that the impact of a psychiatric illness affects multiple aspects of an individual’s life as well as the lives of family members. We strive to help individuals adapt, cope and make changes that will help them to live as fully as possible within our community.
Our team of compassionate professionals is made up of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric ARNPs, Nurses, Medical Assistants, and Certified Nursing Aides.
Services We Provide
- Full psychiatric assessments and treatment throughout the lifespan
- When necessary, medication prescribing and thorough follow-up
- Genetic testing that can help get individuals on the right medication more safely
- Professional dialogue on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) including Nutritional Psychology
- Full Spectrum Light Therapy with a light loaner program
- In-house EKG and laboratory services
- In-house, full service pharmacy services
- One-time psychiatric consults for primary care providers to provide treatment recommendations and support
Our Approach to Care
Our team of psychiatric providers is here to both educate and support individuals as they work with PBH therapy services on their treatment plans. In some instances our providers will engage in more formalized therapy if necessary.
Our psychiatric providers are all board certified and adhere to best practices in psychiatry. We believe in a holistic and collaborative approach to patient care and work closely with a patient’s primary care provider to assure continuity of care.
Being Seen in the Medical Dept
To be seen by the PBH medical department requires a referral for care. This may come from an individual’s PCP or internally from a PBH therapist.
If you have questions on whether care in our department would be a good fit for you, please call 360-457-0431 and ask for the Access Coordinator.