Community Support Services
Peninsula Behavioral Health is here to support your journey to health or recovery with services that work for you.
Meet your new support network
Case Managers provide a range of services on site and in the community to assist adults in attaining the goals established in their Individual Treatment Plans. Case Managers may work to:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Crisis Intervention Team
- Coordinate services with other agencies and to assist clients in their health and human service needs, such as food, shelter, clothing and transportation
- Teach skills such as problem solving, goal setting, symptom management, communication, social skills, and how to access community resources
- Communicate with hospital personnel to facilitate discharge of clients and return to community
- Coordinate care with psychiatric medication providers
Peer Support Specialists
A Peer Support Specialist self-identifies as a person who has progressed in their own recovery from alcohol, substance use or a behavioral health condition and assists other individuals do the same.
Because of their life experience, Peer Support Specialists have expertise that professional training cannot replicate. Peers may:
- Assist their peers in articulating goals for recovery
- Help clients learn and practice new skills and monitor progress
- Model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies based on their own recovery experience
- Support clients in advocating for themselves to obtain effective services
Substance Use Disorder Professionals
Our SUDPs provide Level One Substance Use Disorder treatment. This service aims to assist alcohol and drug-addicted people to achieve and maintain abstinence from mood-altering substances and to develop independent support systems. SUDPs may provide:
- Assessment and diagnosis of a substance use disorder
- Treatment planning and referral
- Patient and family education in the disease of chemical dependency
- Individual and group counseling with alcohol and drug-addicted people
- Relapse prevention counseling
Our team is here for you.
When you become a client at Peninsula Behavioral Health, our team takes their place in your corner.
Our team of compassionate professionals includes case managers, peer support specialists, and chemical dependency professionals.
Each of our staff holds a professional credential issued by the Washington State Department of Health.
The Community Support Services (CSS) team is here to help you reach your goals through coaching, advocacy and assistance in navigating community systems.
You are not alone. We are here to support you.